Do’s and Don’ts of Bathroom Remodelling
Bathrooms must be both visually appealing and functional so that you and your family can enjoy this space and use it comfortably. This is a room that is used daily and often, so investing in renovations is definitely worth it. If you are planning on remodelling your bathroom, there are certain steps you need to take, and the following guide will help with this project:
- Budget for unexpected surprises. Hidden issues like mold or mildew damage may become obvious once you start the renovation, and you will have to fix such problems before you can move on. These issues are hard to predict, so it is important to budget for the unknown so that you are prepared if you do run into any surprises.
- Splurge on your shower. A shower is used a lot more than a bathtub, so it’s okay to spend a little more on this aspect. They are more convenient, so most people prefer jumping in the shower versus getting in their tub, and this is why a walk-in-shower is a great investment.
- Go green. Most people remodel their bathroom because it is old, and this is the perfect opportunity to select fixtures and features that are environmentally friendly. Modern faucets, toilets and showerheads are all available in green options, so replace the components that are outdated with water-efficient fixtures and environmentally-friendly aspects.
- Include appropriate lighting and proper ventilation. Most bathrooms are small and lack natural light, so you need to consider lighting options that are suitable for this space. Additionally, you need to think about how you will ventilate the steam and moisture present in bathrooms to prevent mold and mildew over time.
- Rush the timeline. It’s natural to feel excited about a new bathroom but faster does not mean better, so be patient if you want the project to be completed right. A rushed job can result in errors, and this will cost you even more both in terms of money and time, so remember that renovations take time.
- Cheap out on labour costs and materials. It can be tempting to attempt a renovation on your own but unless you have the skills and experience, this is a big mistake. It’s better to hire professional plumbers and electricians because they know what to do and their services are worth paying for. The same is true of materials because items in bathrooms will be used every day, so don’t chase after bargains and purchase high-quality materials instead. The better the quality, the longer they will last.
If your bathroom could use an improvement, Vanity Grace Store can help! Whether you need a 60 inch double sink vanity, single sink bathroom vanity, modern bathroom vanity or a small bathroom vanity, we can help, so if you’re looking for quality items that are both stylish and durable, contact us today!